It is important to become a member of the Friends of Long Wrestling and Beyond. Your membership will help to support our efforts to promote, preserve and honor every aspect of Amateur Wrestling.
The Friends is an organization of volunteers. Therefore, every dollar goes back into Wrestling Programs. We are a non-profit 501(C)(3) Corporation, which means that your donations (membership/gift) are tax deductible.
Statement of What We Do
We are the Downstate New York Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.
We actively and financially support:
- Hofstra University
- Columbia University
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy- Kings Point
- Nassau Community College
- New York Athletic Club Holiday Tournament & Russia vs. USA Dual Meet
- Friends of Long Island Wrestling, Inc. Facebook
- Annual Distribution of National Publication recognizing Local & Metropolitan Wrestling
- Annual Induction & Reunion Dinner
- To Date, Inducted 103 National Hall of Famers
- Annual Golf Outing
- International Fire & Police World Championships
- Rules & Interpretation Clinic for Coaches & Officials
- Nassau County Outstanding Wrestler Trophy
- Suffolk County Outstanding Wrestler Trophy
- Financially Support County Tournaments
- Stan Bishop Literary Scholarship Prize
- Friends of Long Island, Wrestling Inc. Website
- Mayors Cup Wrestling Tournament
- Downstate New York Chapter supporting National Hall of Fame in Oklahoma
- Provide financial assistance to High School/College Wrestling Austerity Programs
- Revisit & Present Schools with a Replica Hall of Fame Plaque honoring their Hall of Fame Member
- and much, much more…
Amateur Wrestling needs your support.
Don’t delay- become a member today!
I’ve paid my membership by credit card. [ ] Please check, if applicable.
$50 Family Membership
$100 Patron Membership
$250 Champion Membership
$500 Olympic Level minimum
If purchasing membership by check, send a completed enrollment form with check to:
Friends of Long Island Wrestling
775 Wantagh Avenue
Wantagh, NY 11793